Artists (Art Installations)
Like Black Rock City, Multiverse will have a compelling exhibition of art installations. Unlike Black Rock City, these can take virtually any form, shape, or size, and come from any previous Burning Man event (or any interactive art event), from anywhere around the world. This is an amazing opportunity for artists to create what will undeniably be the greatest collection of Burning Man-inspired art ever assembled. Radical Inclusion, meet Radical Self-Expression.
Like Black Rock City, Multiverse will have an “Artery” or Art Headquarters, where participants can come to learn about the art and the artists, while getting tapped into art tours, artist talks, artist meet and greets, art maps, and more. It will be staffed with helpful volunteers ready to point the way to great art experiences in and around Multiverse.
Like Black Rock City, Multiverse will have a wide variety of art, installations and explorable buildings. We will have a number (our hope is 100+) of select artworks rendered as 3D models. Artists who have 3D models of their pieces are strongly encouraged to submit them for consideration in that selection process.
Like Black Rock City, Multiverse will host honorarium art, so far many of the Burning Man 2020 and 2021 honorarium artists have submitted their art to us and their art is in the virtual playa.
Like Black Rock City, Multiverse will facilitate art tours, artist talks, workshops and other interactive programming around the art installations for select artists during the event.
he most intricate details of the art and simulate them both during day and night.
WE ALLOW YOU TO RECEIVE DONATIONS ON OUR PLATFORM
We allow the artists to link their website to their art. Also, if you add a donation button from PayPal (for example) on your website, that allows your audience to send you gifts. When viewers come close to your art in the virtual playa, an “info” button appears on their screen. That info button will be linked to your website. In your website, we recommend that you include information about yourself, your work, the art that is displayed in the virtual playa and anything else. You can also include links to pre-scheduled zoom meetings so viewers who are interested can join you in those meetings and meet you and learn about your work. For all of this to work, you need to have a website that is “mobile friendly”, meaning that it can be displayed on mobile phones.
ADVANTAGES OF SHOWCASING YOUR ART IN MULTIVERSE
- Our proprietary technology will simulate your art in a photo-realistic form including all the details.
- Our platform is accessible worldwide on mobile phones and VR headsets. Most people do not have VR headsets to view immersive environments. We allow everyone to enjoy this experience with just their mobile phones.
- We allow you to include a link to your website and receive gifts and donations and gather more audience for your work.
- Your art will be simulated both during day and night.
- Multiverse is a full scale simulation of the Black Rock City with all the camps and playa.
- Viewers appear as 3D avatars and can communicate via live voice. Just like the real Burning Man, they can gather around your art and experience it in an interactive way and talk to others who are viewing your art.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ART TO US:
There are two steps: first, your art needs to be “modeled” in 3D. A 3D modeler can replicate your art into a 3D model using 3D modeling software. Second, the 3D model is imported inside the Unity software to add material texture and lighting. You need a 3D modeler with the knowledge of the Unity game engine to be able to do this for you.
A – Find a 3D modeler?
Burning Man is making an announcement to the community to gather volunteer resources. You can go to spark.burningman.org to submit your project. You can also look for freelance 3D modelers with knowledge of Unity game engine.
B – Make sure your 3D modeler reads our technical guidelines:
This is our technical specification. Your 3D modeler needs to follow the guideline in this document so the deliverable is compatible with our platform.
C – Submit an application:
If you want to place your art on this platform, you need to fill the form below. We will then email you an identification number. You need to provide that number to your 3D modeler. Please fill this form only after you have found a 3D modeler that can work with you.
Here is the form: https://forms.gle/2R4NYeuvTtjxsjQ79
NOTE: the deadline to submit your 3D model is July 1st.
Want to help us?
(1) Please spread the word. We want the world to learn about Burning man and it’s values.
(2) Please donate to us to offset the enormous cost of developing this platform.